Location: Maes Yr Ysgol, Holyhead, Anglesey
Brief: To build 4 sheltered bungalows that are fit for purpose for the future by being sustainable, energy efficicent and carbon zero
Build Certification: Passivhaus Certified
Our first modular homes development consisted of 4 sheltered bungalows in Holyhead commissioned by Anglesey County Council. We worked in partnership with MWT Civil Engineering.
Following structural completion, each home was subject to stringent air tightness, thermal imaging and sound migration tests to reach the superior Beattie Passive
design standards and achieve the quality assurance certification. This is the gold standard of energy efficienct design.
The off-site manufacturing methods present more employment opportunities for those furthest from the job market.
We worked alongside MonCF to provide volunteer and trainee placements for people in the immediate community.
Three local volunteers and four paid trainees have benefited from this development. They have gained valuable experience on a construction site, giving them the
confidence, new skills & qualifications to move onto further training or employment.
Carter, our first volunteer has gone onto become one of our
first Modular trainee assistants
“I just love it. I get on with everyone so well onsite and I’m learning every day. I feel like I am a different person”
- Built from sustainable materials, the timber frames were constructed onsite close to our factory, reducing our carbon footprint.
- Minimal onsite material wastage as the design allows all materials to be measured within 1mm.
- Any wastage can also be recycled. Passivhaus certification which means they meet the required standards in terms of energy efficiency.
- Significant environmental benefits and health advantages for the occupant including more fresh air and a reduction of 90% in heating bills.
- Reduction in CO2 emissions by up to 100%.