Creating Enterprise offer a wide range of volunteering opportunities based on the various services provided by Cartrefi Conwy and Creating Enterprise. In addition, we are currently looking for Conwy residents who would like to volunteer to support vulnerable members of their community through the COVID-19 situation by making wellbeing phone calls or picking up shopping and prescriptions.
Getting involved is easy! Simply give us a call on 01492 588 980, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our current opportunities below.
- Independent Me Support
- To provide companionship support to anyone living in Conwy in the prevention of loneliness and isolation.
- Creating Futures Assistant
- To support Creating Enterprise colleagues and the Second Chance furniture re-use project with general admin duties.
- Groundworks Assistant
- To assist the Groundworks team with preparing Cartrefi Conwy properties with new Garden fencing, paths and drainage.
- Environmental Assistant
- To assist the Environmental team with maintaining Cartrefi Conwy communal gardens and surrounding areas.
- Neighbourhoods Team Assistant
- Assisting with any administration duties seen as appropriate, contributing to the efficient running of Cartrefi Conwy’s Neighbourhoods Team
- Data Cleanse
- To assist in the collection of tenant information to ensure all of our records are accurate and up to date.
- Minafon Support Assistant
- To support the Minafon Project in engaging tenants with activities/sessions such as Life Skills, Cooking Sessions. Support Tenants and Project Coordinator with community activities.
- Painter and Decorator
- To work within empty Social Housing properties with the support and supervision of an experienced painter decorator complete all relevant works and any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
- BMU Booking & Administrative Assistant
- Assisting with contacting Cartrefi Conwy Tenants to book in Electrical testing appointments and updating relevant diaries and spreadsheets. To assist with any other administration duties seen as appropriate, contributing to the efficient running of BMU team.
- To provide a great first point of contact service within our reception and to be welcoming and helpful to visitors from customers, partners, stakeholders and colleagues.
There are many great reasons to volunteer, including…
- Personal development
- Gain new skills and experience
- Improve employment prospects
- Meet new people
- Increase your confidence
- Access a range of free training
- Receive mentoring from the Creating Futures team, plus ‘on the job’ support from a dedicated Work Buddy
- Out of pocket expenses are covered
- All uniform and necessary safety equipment are provided
We recently received the final report on the social value of our volunteering service, which shows the impact it has both on individuals and the wider community. We’re delighted with the findings, which conclude that every £1 invested in the project is worth £6 to society, calculating the social return on investment to be over £360,000 per year!
We hold an annual event as a big thank you to all of the volunteers who have helped us throughout the year.
Our annual volunteer celebration event. Volunteers and their Work Buddies at the 2018 ‘Thanks a Brunch’ event.