Our unique and tailored Employment Academy works with tenants and helps them to move towards employment.
The Employment Academy is open to any Cartrefi Conwy tenant who is unemployed and wants assistance in getting into work.
There are four parts of the Employment Academy:
- Paid Employment
- Job Search Support
- First Steps
The Employment Academy Stepping Stones project has been funded by The Big Lottery.
Creating Enterprise provides volunteer opportunities for tenants of Cartrefi Conwy across a wide range of types of work. The opportunities are provided throughout Cartrefi Conwy and Creating Enterprise’s areas of work.
Many volunteers get huge satisfaction giving their time to help out, and volunteering can offer routine and structure in a friendly environment. Volunteering is a real asset on your CV for anyone looking to get into employment.
HOW TO APPLY
- Email or phone – 01745 335684 / email@example.com
- We’ll arrange an informal chat or come out to meet you to discuss the most suitable opportunity for you
- We will arrange a trial for you to see if you like the opportunity you have chosen
- If everyone’s happy – we’ll agree hours to suit and then you are ready to start
- Personal development
- Gain new skills and experience
- Improve employment prospects
- Meet new people
- Increase your confidence
- Access to a range of training
- Uniform and safety equpment provided (if appropriate)
- Out of pocket expenses
- Support of our Mentor
- “On the Job” support from a dedicated Work Buddy
We run a rewards programme to thank you for your time. This is based on the number of hours you have volunteered and there are three levels – Bronze, Silver and Gold. Once you reach each level you will receive a certificate and will be able to choose from a range of rewards.
We organise an annual volunteer event to say thank you to all our volunteers who have helped us throughout the year.
Paid employment opportunities are available in the following work areas:
- Ground works
- Property clearance and cleans
- General labouring
WHAT THE EMPLOYMENT ACADEMY PROVIDES
- Paid employment up to 18 months
- Personal Development Plan
- On the job training/support
- Formal training/qualifications
- Employability skills training
- Support of a Mentor to help with any issues/barriers to employment
- Work placements with other organisations
- Job search assistance
WHY SHOULD TENANTS APPLY?
If you are ready to take that step into employment and have been out of work for a while, the Academy is an ideal opportunity to gain paid employment with the support of a Mentor. Your Mentor can help you to overcome any issues you have in getting and staying in employment.
You will receive on-the-job training and formal qualifications to put on your CV with up to date work experience. Work placements with other organisations will improve your CV even more and give you a taste of other types of work.
Employers approach us with vacancies that don’t even get advertised, so you will improve your chances of employment.
The Employment Academy has a great success rate of getting employment for trainees. We only work with a small number of tenants at one time to make sure you get the best support possible.
Each paid job is offered on a fixed term contract up to 18 months (depending on the work area). Your Mentor will provide you support to help secure permanent employment with other organisations at the end of the fixed term contract.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the initial interest form
Job Search Support
If you are unemployed and a Cartrefi Conwy tenant, we can help you with Job Search Support services to find you work.
WHAT SUPPORT YOU CAN GET
- A CV that gets results
- Help with filling out application forms
- Free and accredited employability skills training
- Great links with employers in your area
- Support during your first month on the job
Interested in hospitality? We work with Venue Cymru to give tenants the opportunity to learn barista and hospitality skills. Successful applicants will be offered flexible work at Venue Cymru.
This specialist course is only for Cartrefi Conwy tenants aged over 25 and out of work for more than a year.
The 11 week course runs for 1.5 days a week and there are only 4 spaces available on each course. Each week includes half a day training preparing to get a job and one day volunteering in a role that interests you.
Course Dates: November 2017 & January, February, April, May, July 2018