Our team are here to help you get job readyPosted on: March 31, 2020
If you’re looking for some support to help you get job ready then get in touch with our friendly team.
How can we help?
- A friendly chat about what job options are available to you
- What you can do now to help you get job ready for the future
- CV writing
- Application forms
- Interview techniques
- Confidence building
Call 01492 588980
Coronavirus InformationPosted on: March 19, 2020
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus, and the current strain is known as novel coronavirus.
If there’s a chance you may have coronavirus you should ‘self-isolate’ immediately, call 111 and isolate yourself from other people.
This means you should:
- stay at home
- not go to work, school or public areas
- not use public transport or taxis
ask friends, family members or delivery services for support in delivering items such as food and toiletries for you
- try to avoid visitors to your home – it’s OK for friends, family or delivery drivers to drop off food
Advice for you and your family
The UK Chief Medical Officers have raised the risk to the public from low to moderate. But the risk to individuals remains low.
Health professionals are working to contact anyone who has been in close contact with people who have coronavirus.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a cough
- a high temperature
- shortness of breath
But these symptoms do not necessarily mean you have the illness.
The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu. Generally, coronavirus can cause more severe symptoms in people with weakened immune systems, older people, and those with long-term conditions like diabetes, cancer and chronic lung disease.
You can reduce your risk of getting/spreading coronavirus by:
- washing your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water is not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do.
This information was correct on 11/3/20. For the most up to date information please visit the Public Health Wales website:
New Modular Solutions Development in Old ColwynPosted on: March 12, 2020
Building has commenced on our new modular build site in Old Colwyn. We’re constructing 8 x 1 bed pods for Cartrefi Conwy.
The team have built the frames in our factory on Anglesey and then these have been erected in just a few days onsite. We’re using the stick and panel modular system to build these homes. This is a quicker, cleaner way of building offsite. Each home will be built to a Passive House standard meaning that they are eco-friendly requiring up to 90% less heating.
We’re also delighted to welcome our 4 new modular assistants Kyle, Thomas, Carter and Jake who will be learning about Modern Methods of Construction as part of their training.
It was great to hear from Bryn Jones our lead technician talking about our carbon zero homes with BBC News